Welcome to my blog. I hope you'll stay awhile, leave a comment, let me know what you think.

Friday 25 November 2011

Craft Fair - 'Post Mortem'

I had a stall last Saturday at the Green Party's Christmas fair in Lancaster.  I have done several and always do reasonably well.   I don't ever sell my more expensive items but this year I had lots of older jewellery reduced to rock bottom prices and sold a lot of it.  I was very pleased to do this though it would have been nice to sell a little more of my full price items. 
However when I looked at two photos a friend took of the stall when I had just set it up I was horrified.  
This is the result of setting up a jewellery stall when you are in a state of total fatigue and with very few functioning brain cells (That's me behind the stall trying not to be in the photo!):

It looks like a jumble sale!  A huge redesign is needed for any future fairs I may do.   Next year I'm planning to go to my daughter's in the USA in the spring instead of the autumn which means I won't be jetlagged and exhausted  when I do this fair.  I'm hoping to be better organised and get a couple of other fairs booked for next year too.  

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I think we're always are own worst critics. I too plan to re vamp my table display this year although as I am only planning to do one Craft Fair this year I'm not willing to spend much money on changing it. Congratulations on clearing a good deal of stock out. It is tough when you have to do that (I know from personal experience) but it will free up your mind as well as physical space for new creations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails