Welcome to my blog. I hope you'll stay awhile, leave a comment, let me know what you think.

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Needle Felting - Mermaid Hospital, finale!

She's finished!  This is the final installment in the saga of the little mermaid.  

My next task was to embroider her face. I've kept it simple because I'm not too hot on embroidery!
Then I gave her some hair.  This is raw mohair fleece which is naturally curly.


I've given her two layers of mohair locks and needlefelted some lovely blue/green wool with white silk on top to make a little cap for her.
 I've finished embroidering her tail.  I've used two rows of simple chain stitch in green shades with a straight stitched row in brown in between them.
I've given her a lovely necklace made from freshwater pearls which seem appropriate for a mermaid.
She also has a belt made from tiny pearly seed beads, and I've sewn more of those beads onto her tail and around her cap.

So here she is in all her glory!  I'm delighted with her and she will be going home to my friend very soon.

3 comments:

Chrissy C said...

Brilliant and well worth all that work

ThatFuzzyFeeling said...

I've enjoyed following the mermaid's road to recovery! She looks great :)

stylesofcooking said...

Thank you for popping by my blog, i am now following you and look forward to reading your posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails